Natural environments are necessary for rural settlements. Conditions of some rural areas are more stable than others. Research on the role of geo distribution characteristics of rural areas is not performed. Therefore, in this paper we study role of geomorphology factors on distribution of rural points. Human societies have always been on the ground in order to achieve maximum natural resources such as water resources, flora and access to arable land. Natural substrates necessary conditions for the establishment of rural settlements virgin, but some of the others create stable conditions addressing. These platforms include: slope, altitude, geological structure, water resources, and soil and land capability. This effort is based on the principles of science that today to interpretation unknown location.
Matherials & Methods
In this study, we examined Kermanshah province with an area of 24622 square kilometers of the province, approximately 5.1% of the total area is dedicated to Iran.
In the first step, according to the equation core density was achieved with an accuracy of 200 × 200 meters. Then studies the characteristics and parameters little geo province such as the homogeneity index, topographic wetness index (TWI), elevation, slope, slope, drainage density, stream density, temperature, distance from the Alras¬Ha, current density index, the index topographic position (TPI), ground roughness ratio (SRR) and mixed topographic index (CTI) was calculated. To determine the measured results Pearson correlation and linear regression between geo-parametric data with the density values villages and nonparametric regression was used for nonparametric geo other factors. The type of model villages for any of the factors mentioned by Moran autocorrelation indices were determined.
Discussion of Results
The results showed that the highest density rural areas located in the western slope and in terms of morphometric land in rural areas is based settlement flat. In the arrangement and distribution pattern in the rural areas of Kermanshah Province, respectively, the density of drainage, elevation, drainage density, heterogeneous, slope, distance from the ridge, TPI, SRR, TWI and effective CTI is effectiveness. By studying the relationship, negative relationship factors, slope, elevation, topography, heterogeneous and positive relationship status drainage density, stream density, temperature, distance from the ridge, TWI and CTI settlement density in rural areas significantly affected.
In all environments that provide access to more permanent sources of surface water, lower altitude, slow slopes, away from the crest of the ridge, to refrain from the watercourse and wetlands, establishment and smooth in large areas, mainly in the Western sense reasons for choosing settlements Kermanshah province is rural. These selections are statistically not only event but perfectly expressed in such lodgments order as well.
1. Abdollah Zadeh, G. H., Ranjbari Shareh, S., Rahimi, R. A., (2017), "Investigating the impact of watershed projects on quality of life in rural areas of Babol", Journal of Geographical Space, 17 (59): 121-142. [In Persian].
2. Akbar Okhli, F., Velayati. S., (2007), "The study of the status of natural factors in the establishment of rural settlements (A case study of rural settlements of Kopeh Dagh highlands - Hizmeshjd)", Journal of the Geographical Society of Iran (Geography), 13: 45-66. [In Persian].
3. Anabstani, A. A., (2011), "The role of natural factors in stability of rural settlements (case study: Sabzevar county)", Geography and Environmental Planning, 40 (4): 89-104. [In Persian].
4. Azizpour, F., Shamsi, R., (2014), "The role of environmental factors in the spatial organization of rural settlements (Case study: Small Lavasan Village)", Sepehr, (29), 89: 106-112. [In Persian].
5. Bahrami, R. A., (2011), "Environmental constraints and bottlenecks and its effect on the instability of rural settlements (case study: Sanandaj city)", Quarterly Journal of Rural Studies, 2 (2):153-170. [In Persian].
6. Ebrahimi, J., Masoumeh Pashandi, L., (2014), "Investigating the role of natural geography factors in the formation and development of settlements (Case Study: Kelardasht City)", 2nd Iranian Congress on Urban Management,17 november 2014, university of Tehran, Index (COI): TSDI02_037. [in Persian].
7. Fazelniaya, Gh., Rajaei, M. Hakim Dost, S. Y., (2012), "An analysis of natural factors affecting the distribution and establishment of rural settlements in Sirjan City", Regional Planning Quarterly, 16: 109-124. [In Persian].
8. Gessler, P. E., Moore, I. D., McKenzie, N. J., Ryan, P. J., (1995), "Soil-landscape modeling and spatial prediction of soil attributes", International Journal of GIS, 9 (4): 421-432. [DOI:10.1080/02693799508902047
9. Gholami Rad, Z., Vali Shariat Panahi, M., (2012), "Determination of the place of natural factors in establishment of rural settlements in kermanshah province based on the analytical hierarchy process model (AHP) model using GIS", Geography of the Territory, 10 (37): 55-76. [In Persian].
10. Jafar Biggloo, M., Ghadiri-Mousem, M., Mousavi-Roozan, S. M., Mousavi-Roozan, R., Bakhshi, Z., (2013), "The role of natural factors in spatial dispersion of rural settlements of Torbat Jam", Quarterly Journal of Space economic and Rural Development, 2(2): 54-33. [In Persian].
11. Jiang, G., He, X., Ma.W., (2015), " Rural settlements spatial pattern evolution and zoning district based on spatial autocorrelation, Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, 31 (13): 265-273.
12. Khosravi, O., Asghari Lafmajani, S., Alipour, M., (2014), "Application of fuzzy logic in optimal location of villages settlement and analysis of the present situation of villages in relation to natural factors (central desert of Bardescan study area)", Iranian Journal of Applied Geomorphology, 4: 78-89. [In Persian].
13. Li, Y., Liu, C., Zhang, H., Gao, X., (2011), "Evaluation on the human settlements environment suitability in the Three Gorges Reservoir Area of Chongqing based on RS and GIS", J. Geogr. Sci, 21: 346-358. [DOI:10.1007/s11442-011-0849-2
14. Maleki, A., Marabi, H., Rahimi, H., (2016), "Assessment of topographic positioning index (TPI) in Sanandaj-Sirjan zone and Broken Zagros", Quantitative Geomorphology Researches, 5 (1): 129-141. [In Persian].
15. Maleki, A., (2009), "Assessment of the situation of the establishment of rural places in Kermanshah city", Quarterly Journal of Human Geography, 3: 13-26. [In Persian].
16. Mousavi, M., Nazarmafar, H., Avatab, A., (2013), "The study of the role of natural factors in the geographical distribution of population and urban settlements using GIS and Geoda (Case study: West Azarbaijan Province)", Geography Quarterly and Studies Environmental Issue, 5: 80-98. [In Persian].
17. Pike, R. J., Wilson, S. E., (1971), "Elevation relief ratio, hypsometric integral, and geomorphic area altitude analysis", Bull, Geol. Soc. Am, 82: 1079-1084. [DOI:10.1130/0016-7606(1971)82[1079:ERHIAG]2.0.CO;2
18. Rahmani, M., (2004), "Effect of natural environment factors on spatial distribution pattern of settlements and rural population of Amol city", Population Quarterly, 12 (49-50): 141-152. [In Persian].
19. Rezvani, M., Ali Khah Asl, M., Faraji Farkhani, A.,(2019), Evaluation of ecological capability for expanded and concentrated outdoor recreation utilization of the Bargour basin of Kardeh basin of Mashhad using the Hierarchical-Fuzzy analytical process, Journal of Geographical Space, 18 (64): 1-19. [In Persian].
20. Riley, S. J., DeGloria, S. D., Elliot, R., (1999), "A terrain ruggedness index that quantifies topographic heterogeneity", Intermountain Journal of Sciences, 5 (1-4): 23-27.
21. Seto, K. C., Fragkias, M., (2005),"Quantifying spatiotemporal patterns of urban land-use change in four cities of China with time series landscape metrics", Landsc. Ecol, 20: 871-888. [DOI:10.1007/s10980-005-5238-8
22. Tidsskrift, G., (1987), "Location of rural settlements and geology: A case study of the Salento peninsula (S. Italia)", Bind 87, Copenhagen, 87: 42-49. [DOI:10.1080/00167223.1987.10649240
23. Wei, W., Shi, P., Zhou, J., Feng, H., Wang, X., Wang, X., (2013), "Environmental suitability evaluation for human settlements in an arid inland river basin: A case study of the Shiyang River Basin", J. Geogr. Sci, 23: 331-343. [DOI:10.1007/s11442-013-1013-y
24. Weiss, A., (2001), "Topographic position and landforms analysis", Poster presentation, ESRI User Conference, U.S.A, San Diego, CA, 3 july: 2001, pp 1-3.
25. Zhang, Zh., Xiao, R., Shortridge, A., Wu, J., (2014), "Spatial point pattern analysis of human settlements and geographical associations in Eastern Coastal China: A case study'', International Journal Environtal Research Public Health, 11 (3): 2818-2833. [DOI:10.3390/ijerph110302818