1. Alemayehu, F., Talia, N., Nyssen, J., (2009), "The impacts of watershed management on land use and land cover dynamics in eastern Tigray (Ethiopia)", Journal of resources conservation and recycling, 53: 192-198. [DOI:10.1016/j.resconrec.2008.11.007
2. Anabestani, A. A., Shayan, H., Khosrobeyghi, R., Taghiloo, A. K., (2014), "The role of participation in the economic empowerment of rural areas with emphasis on agricultural sector (case study: Upper Ijroud- Zanjan province)", Journal of Geographical Space, 13(44): 73-90. [In Persian].
3. Arnette, A.N., Zobel, C., Bosch, D., Pease, J., (2010), "Stakeholder ranking of watershed goals with the vector analytic hierarchy process: effects of participant grouping scenarios", Environmental Modeling and Software, 25 (11): 1459-1469. [DOI:10.1016/j.envsoft.2009.10.009
4. Baghaei, M., Chizari, M., Pezeshkirad, G., Feli, S., (2008), "Personal and social factors influencing rural participation of Hone Jan's Zar catchments in watershed management projects", Iran Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 4 (1): 73-87. [In Persian].
5. Bagherian, R., (2018), "Assessing the tendency of residents of watersheds in relation to watershed management activities in rural areas", Final report of the research project, Soil Conservation and Watershed Management Research Institute, Tehran, 64pp. [In Persian].
6. Blackstock, K. L., Richards, C., (2007), "Evaluating stakeholders' involvement in river basin management: A scottish case study", Journal of Water Policy, 5: 493-512. [DOI:10.2166/wp.2007.018
7. Bozarjahromi, Kh., Khatami, S., Naderi, M., Sarbaraghi Moghaddam, P., (2017), "Investigating the role of participatory projects in women empowerment and environmental conservation (Case study: Sarbisheh county)", Proceedings of National Conference on Women and Sustainability of Natural and Environmental Resources in Rural Areas, Mashhad Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Iran. [In Persian].
8. CIS., (2003), "Guidance document No.8", Public participation in relation to the water framework directive", produced by Working Group 2.9, public participation.
9. Coelho, V. S., Favareto, A., (2008), "Questioning the relationship between participation and development", World Development, 36 (12): 214-223. [DOI:10.1016/j.worlddev.2007.11.019
10. Dabi, N., Fikirie, K., Mulualem, T., (2017), "Soil and water conservation practices on crop productivity and its economic implications in Ethiopia: A review", Asian Journal of Agricultural Research, 11 (4): 128-136. [DOI:10.3923/ajar.2017.128.136
11. Dastourani, M.T., Talebi, A., Nafarzadeghan, A., (2010), "Investigating the importance and strategies for developing public participation in watershed management plans", Journal of Forest and Rangeland, 84 (127): 74-79. [In Persian].
12. Hamed Moghaddam, A., (1994), "Participation and rural participatory development", proceedings of the society and development seminar, volume 2, Tehran, Samt Publications. [In Persian].
13. Heydari Sareban, V., (2013), "Survey of influential factors on farmer's empowerment in the rural areas of Ahar county", Journal of Geographical Space, 13 (41): 155-170. [In Persian].
14. Karimzade, H., Majnonitotakhane, A., Aftab, A., (2018), "The role of social capital on rural participation in watershed plans, Case study: International Wetland of Qareh Qeshlaq", Journal of Wetland Ecobiology, 10 (1): 5-18. [In Persian].
15. Koehler, B., Koontz, T. M., (2008), "Citizen participation in collaborative watershed partnerships", Environ Manage, 41 (2): 143-154. [DOI:10.1007/s00267-007-9040-z
16. Mansouri, A., Salehpour jam, A., Mohammadi, M., Kianian, M. K., (2016), "Investigating and prioritizing the factors affecting people's non-participation in natural resource projects (Case study: watershed, Tehran, Iran)", Proceedings of the Second National Conference on Conservation of Natural Resources and Environment, Mohaghegh Ardebili University, Ardebil, Iran. [In Persian].
17. Mehrdoust, Kh., Shams, A., Karami Dehkordi, E., (2014), "Effective factors on rural people participation in watershed management projects (case study: dorod faraman & lalabad basin, Kermanshah Province)", Iranian Journal of Agricultural Economics and Development Research, 44 (3): 399-409. [In Persian].
18. Mohammadi Gholrang, B., Foodsi, L., Sadeghi, S. H., (2016), "Assessment of the relationship between the independent variable of awareness about the soil protection and watershed management with the people's participation in the catchment areas for rural development", Geography and Development Iranian Journal, 14 (44): 189-208. [In Persian].
19. Mousaei, M., Malek Mohammadi, I., Farjolla Hosayni, S. J., Mirdamadi, S. M., (2010), "Effective factors for participation of stakeholders in watershed management project from the view point of natural resources and watershed management extension specialist, in Fars province, Iran", Journal of Crop Ecophysiology, 4 (14): 127-140. [In Persian].
20. Özerol, G., Newig, J., (2008), "Evaluating the success of public participation in water resources management: five key components", Journal of Water Policy, 10: 639-665. [DOI:10.2166/wp.2008.001
21. Page, G., Bellotti, B., (2015), "Farmers value on-farm ecosystem services as important, but what are the impediments to participation in PES schemes?" Science of the Total Environment, 515: 12-19. [DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.02.029
22. Raie, S., Hamraz, S., (2015), "An application of discriminant analysis to determine the effective factors on beneficiaries' attitude to watershed activities (Case study: Kelestan watershed area in Fars province)", Journal of Rural Economics Research, 1 (2): 29-40. [In Persian].
23. Ravnberg, H., Westermann, O., Probst, K., (2001), "User participation in watershed management in Asia", FARM Field, 1: 7-18.
24. Reed, M. S., (2008), "Stakeholder participation for environmental management: A literature review", Biological Conservation, 141: 2417- 2431. [DOI:10.1016/j.biocon.2008.07.014
25. Rezaei, R., Vadadi, E., Mehrdoost, Kh., (2012), "Studying the effective factors on participation of rural people in watershed plans of khomarak basin (Case study: Deh Jalal village)", Journal of Rural Research, 3 (9): 199-221. [In Persian].
26. Richards, C., Blackstock, K., Carter, C., (2004), "Practical approaches to participation", SERP Policy Brief, 1 (3): 29- 38.
27. Salehpour jam, A., Karimpour reyhan, M., Kianian, M. K., Tajiki, M., (2012), "Investigating the factors affecting public participation in natural resources projects (Case study: Quchak and Rudak District)", Proceedings of the First National Desert Conference, University of Tehran, Faculty of Natural Resources, Karaj, Iran. [In Persian].
28. Schramm, V. B., Schramm, F., (2018), "An approach for supporting problem structuring in water resources management and planning", Water Resources Management, 32 (9): 2955-2968. [DOI:10.1007/s11269-018-1966-9
29. Shabanalifemi, H., (2000), "The evolution of the concepts and objectives of Rural Rapid Assessment and Rural Participatory Assessment", Jahad Monthly, 19 (226 & 227): 6-11. [In Persian].
30. Soleimanpour, S. M., (2019), "Prioritization of effective factors on preventing sustainable participation of rural societies in watershed management plans (Case study: Selected Watershed of Fars Province)", Final Report of Research Play, Soil Conservation and Watershed Management Research Institute, Tehran. I. R. Iran, 96pp. [In Persian].
31. Soleimanpour, S. M., Hosseini marandi, H., Salehpour jam, A., Tabatabaei, M. R., Rousta, M., Keshavarzi, H., (2020), "Prioritizing the affecting factors on nonparticipation of rural communities in watershed management projects from a stakeholders viewpoint (Case study: Gheshlagh watershed, fars province)", Extension and Development of Watershed Management, 7 (27): 64-74. [In Persian].
32. Soleimanpour, S. M., Salehpour Jam, A., Noroozi, A. A., Khalili, N., (2019), "Investigation of stakeholders in prioritizing factors affecting their poor participation in watershed management projects (Case study: Morad Abad watershed in Meymand, Fars province)", Journal of Range and Watershed Management, 72 (4): 979-994. [In Persian].
33. Stefano, L., (2010), "Facing the water framework directive challenges: A baseline of stakeholder participation in the European :union:", Journal of Environmental Management, 91: 1332-1340. [DOI:10.1016/j.jenvman.2010.02.014
34. Tesfaye, G., Alamirew, T., Kebede, A., Zeleke, G., (2018), "Institutional functionality in participatory integrated watershed development of Tana Sub-Basin Ethiopia", Land, 7 (4) 130: 1-17. [DOI:10.3390/land7040130